Saturday, April 23, 2011

Procuring a Typewriter

The play revolves around two typists. Thus, the most prominent prop is a typewriter. There are many places that sell typewriters - some cheap, some as expensive as a MacBook. I am told that some writers still use typewriters ?!?

After a month of hunting around on e-bay and Craigslist, I selected a few for testing. Yes, this was the first time I typed on a typewriter. Strikingly (no pun), the lack of ctrl+z, ctrl+c/v, ... I ended up with linefeeds, wasted real estate on paper; entangled typebars and irritating type noise. 

Eventually, I procured two similar typewriters for a modest sum. The lady showed me the settings to control type speed, paper feed, ribbon, etc. Wicked cool.


Intrigued about our play and the actors using typewriters? Come, watch us perform. http://www.naatak.com





No comments:

Post a Comment